PROF PAUL BANNON DISCUSSES THE RACS EAG REPORT ON BULLYING IN SURGERY ON LATELINE the RACS EAG
Chairman of The Baird Institute, Professor Paul Bannon, joined Professor Rob Knowles & Tony Jones on Lateline to discuss the Royal Australian College of Surgeons’ EAG draft report on bullying in surgery. The video is also available on the ABC website.
The draft report found widespread bullying, discrimination and sexual harassment in surgery. The President of RACS, David Watters issued a public apology to all those who have been affected. The result of the final report will be released by the end of September
Fellows, Trainees and International Medical Graduates may seek support through the RACS Support Program in partnership with Coverage International.
HOW TO CONTACT CONVERGE INTERNATIONAL:
- Telephone 1300 687 327 in Australia or 0800 666 367 in New Zealand
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Identify yourself as a Fellow, Trainee or IMG of RACS
- Appointments are available from 8:30am to 6:00pm Mon-Fri (excluding public holiday)
- 24/7 Emergency telephone counselling is available
RACS Media Release Action Plan released November 2015
The President of RACS, David Watters, apologises for discrimination and sexual harrasment in surgery